Sample Book Sale Send-home Sheet
Feel free to download, copy or change this sample sheet to fit your needs.
• To copy text, highlight text, select "copy," and paste into your word-processing program.
• To save book jackets image, right click on image, and select "save as" or equivalent.
This sample sheet shows some of my favorite features:
- Straightforward information ("Author visiting our school!") and call to action ("Payment must be received by date!")
- Student name and teacher names just below the tear-off portion allow for this part of the order form to stick out of the signed book, making distribution to classrooms and students after signing much easier.
- Modest space for inscription and student name keeps inscriptions from becoming too long.
Also note: book prices are not indicated here. Schools can determine actual sale prices—either the actual cost of the book to the school/PTO at the author visit discount, or at a higher set price. A higher set price can help offset the school visit. (For instance, a $16.99 book might be available for nearly half that from the publisher. If the school offers it to students at $12, the school receives the difference, yet the student receives a book at below regular sale price).